Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Vive La Gute!

PITA is traveling so I'm not sure she's going to be able to post about DWTS this week. So far, my passion for the show has not been at fever pitch this season, as it has been in the past. I'm just not so into it, and I can't really figure out why. I do like this season's celebrities, but I find myself only half-watching the performances and procrastinating about watching the episodes in my DVR, as if it's something I have to do instead of want to do. Then, tonight, I decided to skim the results show because, amazingly, I went all day without hearing what happened.

As I watched The Gute and Jonathan dance their "mango" at the show's start, I thought, "Ah, this is the kind of cheesy shit I live for" and warm feelings for DWTS began to swell up inside of me. So, you can imagine how I felt at the end of the show when I discovered that The Gute was going home this week. I'm kind of devastated. I didn't expect The Gute to win, but I was planning to enjoy his super-positivity for at least a few more weeks. I don't know if I have the heart to tune in next week or not. What about you?

Viva La Gute!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i first started watching DWTS in the middle of last season, due to you crazy bloggers. and so this is my first time watching it from the start. i probably have some of that passion you are lacking simply because it is new and fresh. and i love love love it! the gute, as much as i loved his genuine sweetness and love for the show and for the world in general, really couldn't dance. so, god love him, farewell to the gute! and i'm thinking the same is true of the hairspray tony winner. i am a big fan of kristi (though i really do think she has an unfair advantage), the football player, mario, and, though her facial expressions are quite frightening, i think priscilla is a fine dancer. so thanks a lot for getting me hooked on yet another show (i just finished season 1 of big love and am DYING for season 2). are you watching anything else i should know about?

Anonymous said...

I,too, was sad to see The Gute go. Marissa gets on my last nerve. I guess just because she seems to have all the enthusiam that I lack. She is annoying to me. Adam also cannot dance and is so totally politically incorrect I cannot even believe it. I think he has a fan base. I agree with msp, if you watch from the neck down, Priscilla isn't bad. Jason, I'm pulling for, Kristi is excellent, and I enjoy the Derek/Shannon combo. I don't know if this season will drive me to vote on three different email accounts eight votes each for Julianne and Helio to avoid a Marie Osmond victory. Time will tell.

Anonymous said...

I did tune in last night, and I've decided that I blame my own lackluster attitude on the music. What's up, Harold Wheeler?

Sara G.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs