Saturday, October 20, 2007

At least our fans are cute . . .


Several years ago, the hubby and I traveled to lovely Jacksonville, Florida to watch the Irish play NC State. It began raining buckets on New Year's Eve just as we were heading out to dinner with our friends. The next day, the Irish lost the game. The highlight of the weekend was our scoring a prime table at Hooters and then not relinquishing it for the six hours following the game. NTB. At one point, a member of our party left to use the facilities. When she returned, she was disgruntled. In the bathroom, an NC State fan had seen her ND sportswear and remarked, "At least y'all have a really great band." My guess is that the woman merely intended to be friendly. When the exchange was related, however, we assumed that the NC state fan was patronizing us. And we--with our prime table, bottomless wing basket, and eleven national championships--did not need her pity.

Clearly, the Irish are struggling this year. I will continue cheering for them. I will continue supporting the players and Coach Weis. I will continue optimistically believing that we have a fighting chance each weekend. Things will get better. They always do. Until then, I submit, in a non-patronizing way, this photo as my personal highlight of the football season.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winning or losing season, he is definitelythe highlight. I do genuinely wish they would start winning and I am sorry on your husband's birthday, the Red Sox won. There's a lot of moral support for him in New York. M

Anonymous said...

Pretty stinkin cute, NTB.

Steph said...

Hi, MEP - It's Steph, your tea-loving pal. I just discovered your blog and I hope you don't mind if I pop in from time to time. I just adore this photo!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs