Friday, January 22, 2010

Hot to trot?

I am a curious person. I always love learning more about how other people live, what makes them happy, what makes them tick, etc.

If I take a walk at night, I love--in a non-peeper, non-stalkerish way--when lights are on inside the houses around my neighborhood so I can see the cozy warmth of people living their lives . . . watching television, washing dishes, sitting at a table.

I read novels and memoirs in order to be transported into other times, lives, and places.

I can't tune out the conversations that strangers have around me at restaurants or on cell phones (though, sometimes I wish I could).

I get way more delight out of facebook status updates than a person really should. I'm interested in what people choose to share and like to be able to respond with humor, sympathy, or support when I can.

And, of course, I love the blogosphere. I so enjoy the little glimpses of others' lives that blogs provide and the friendships and connections forged through reading and commenting on blogs. I like seeing the different ways people raise their kids, feed their families, keep themselves sane, let loose, take care of themselves, entertain themselves . . . I like seeing that there are so many different paths to and recipes for good and happy lives.

Lucky for me, my friend CaraBee invited me along for the ride on a new blog endeavor that is right up my alley. I'm going to be her front seat companion (the helpful kind who unwraps snacks, changes the music, never complains about snack/meal/pee stops, and tries to read maps) as she gets BlogTrotting off the ground . . .


What's BlogTrotting? You can click on the widget to read all about it, but basically, it's a site that will introduce you to different bloggers from around the world each day (starting soon). The day's featured bloggers will tell you a little bit about themselves, their blog, and the corner of the world where they live! There will be photos and links to other good posts . . . I can't wait.

Your job is to check it out and enjoy the trip. If you have a blog, please click on the Destinations tab and sign yourself up to be one the featured bloggers. If you know bloggers, encourage them to participate.

Thanks! We'll be featuring bloggers as early as next week! Stay tuned.


*Bloggers, if you want the "Hot to Trot" widget, you can use the image and link it to the site or email me or CaraBee and we'll send you the code.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look forward to following along the blogtrotting trail. m

CaraBee said...

Thanks for being my copilot! This is going to be great! I am so excited for all of the great places we'll go.

And for the record, I have a wholly unhealthy affection for Slim Jims and Dr. Pepper. They are a must on any road trip. :)

Steph said...

What a cool idea!

Cynthia said...

Well I was just there:)

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs