Sunday, July 29, 2007

Retail Beat: Trader Joe's

The bubby and I walked to Trader Joe's the other day. It was mighty hot and humid as we proceeded, but we made it. While inside, we stocked up on some of our Trader Joe's usuals: individually wrapped portions of stuffed salmon, bagged lettuce (far fewer "gooky" pieces than inside the bags sold at the Jewel and cheaper too), some cherry jam, and some chai tea. Some new items caught my eye, and I thought I'd give a little report/review on them.

1. Trader Joe's Corn and Chile Tomato-Less Salsa -- I want to give this product a hearty endorsement. The 13.75 ounce jar reads "A sweet combination of corn, red peppers, onion and a touch of heat." Truly, it's delightful stuff. I have been slicing avocados, salting them a teense, and then putting a couple of spoonfuls of this salsa on top. Quite yummy. I think it would also be quite good inside of some fish tacos or just eaten with chips. If you don't like spicy foods, don't let the chiles scare you off. It is not spicy at all!

2. Trader Joe's Pomegranate Cranberry Bran Muffins -- I'm not sure I'm going to recommend these little muffins, sold in a six pack. To be fair to Trader Joe's though, I'm not sure anyone would expect a smallish muffin that packs 13 grams of fiber (that's a lot) to taste great. However, if you need or enjoy fiber, this isn't too bad of a way to get it. Mostly now, I am just using them as vehicles for butter.

That's all I got. Happy Sunday to all.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs