Monday, October 19, 2009

No time to make excuses for not blogging . . .

. . . but enough time to let you know that:

* from 8:58-9:05 a.m. this morning I was furiously dialing and redialing the same number on my home phone and my cell phone. At the same time, I was being pelted by full packages of wipes from the multi-pack just purchased at Costco. I played through and kept dialing like a champ. Was I trying to secure U2 tickets or be the 100th caller on a radio show that was going to pay me lots of money or give me a brand new car? No. I was trying to secure a flu shot for my oldest son. As of 11:15 a.m., Bub has been flu-misted. Little Bit will be clear to receive his second dose of the baby flu shot in two more days. So, I get a break from crazy dialing until Wednesday morning.

* have rediscovered Bit-0-Honey and, honey, there won't be any left for our trick or treaters (not that I would pass them out for trick or treat anyway--they contain peanuts)

* forgot to complete Bub's Scholastic book order by the due date (thrown off because there was no school on Friday and was planning to use the new online ordering feature). This slip-up is stinging more than it should. When will I have another opportunity to secure a hardcover of When You Give a Pig a Party for only eight dollars? I really am disappointed.

* also forgot to pay my Visa bill last month. I had the funds, but I did not pay it. Just plain forgot. This kind of forgetfulness is not like me. Really, really annoyed at myself earlier in the day, but I have recovered.

* have to report that the little shits who first started calling us way back then just called again five minutes ago. Seriously?! It's getting creepy.

* also forgot how annoying it is to wear maternity pants. I spend half the day hoisting the pants up as they continue to slip, but not too far up since most maternity pants do not come in lovely tall styles. I spend the other half of the day pulling down the non-maternity shirts that I try to wear for as long as possible. Wait?! Why are you wearing maternity clothes, MEP? Oh, did I forget to tell you?

More and better later, I promise.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain re the maternity pants issue. Too big or small, I'm pulling them up all day.
PS I'm glued to Still Alice. Maya

Sarah D said...

You're preggers??

Actchy said...

Given that I may be one of your tallest friends, I am happy to share my tall-sized maternity clothes with you.

Oh, wait. They don't FREAKING MAKE TALL-SIZED MATERNITY CLOTHES.

Sigh.

E... said...

Okay -- I have just one small way to make your day better If you give a pig a party is on sale for 5 DOLLARS at Kohls right now. Hardcover.

Sara G said...

So exciting about baby #3! Fabulous news and such a MEP way to announce it (love it).

FYI: being short isn't any fun either as far as clothing goes. I know, I know, I can shorten them and sometimes I do, but let's be honest, the time and effort it takes to do it myself because I'm too cheap to go to the tailors, well, it doesn't happen all that often. Maybe I'll cut off my cuffs and send them to you.

msh said...

i once forgot to pay my visa bill too. the late fee almost killed me. and when my husband commented on it, i almost killed him.

CaraBee said...

Ah, preggo brain. Sadly, I don't think I've ever gotten my memory back.

There is nothing I hate more than late fees. NOTHING.

Will you be bringing Big Teal back into rotation? :)

Anonymous said...

When it rains it pours.... I love that you found bit o honey again. The maternity pants could be a million dollar idea for someone that makes comfortable ones!!! Have a good week.

Maggie H. said...

I think Khol's has the hardcover books for $5.00 right now and the stuffed animals too!

Anonymous said...

congrats, mep!!! Had a feeling at ND game but.. so excited for you XO reg's

WPA said...

Congrats on baby #3! You should call Visa and ask them to waive the late fee. As someone who forgets to pay bills often, they will often cancel the fee. :)

Cynthia said...

I LOVE Bit-O-Honey:P

Beth Weist Allman said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! SO exciting.

: )

Kristina V said...

I love the way you made the announcement! How are you feeling?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! So happy and excited for you!!
xoox
Leah

cake said...

bit-o-honey. yum.
oh, and congrats. i hear three is the new two.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs